It’s all about Consciousness
This Sunday, August 9th at 10:00 am EDT
When the live stream begins, click on “Live Now” window.
We are grateful for your support! Your tax-deductible donation will be secure and simple.
We cannot tell you how grateful we are for your part in Spiritual Life Center of Troy, financially and otherwise.
Questions about online giving? Read about Square’s Online Security
To hear and see the SERVICE each SUNDAY at 10:00 a.m:
Link to CLICK: http://bit.ly/SLC-LiveStream (Or, go to YouTube and search SLCTROY)
When the live stream begins, click on the “Live Now” window.
Points to Remember – Sunday, August 9, 2020
It Really IS All Consciousness
EIGHT ELEMENTS OF CONSCIOUSNESS
Consciousness is the totality of our beingness that we bring to the table of our lives. Below is a list of eight elements of consciousness that, when brought into alignment with our highest good, have a profound and positive effect on our experience of life.
1. Thoughts – Allow and hold only thoughts that support the life you desire.
“The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.” Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor, and Philosopher
2. Feelings – The feeling behind our words is what gives them power!
“Zeal is the great universal force that impels man to spring forward in a field of endeavor and accomplish the seemingly miraculous. It is the inward fire that urges man forward . . .” Charles Fillmore, “Atom Smashing Power of the Mind,” p. 26
Ester and Jerry Hick’s book, “Ask and It is Given,” by Ester & Jerry Hicks illustrates an emotional scale of 22 levels ranging from:
Fear/grief/depression/despair/powerlessness …. at the bottom, to
Overwhelmed to Hopeful … in the middle, to
Joy/Knowledge/Empowerment/freedom/love/appreciation… at the top.
“The thing that matters most is that you consciously reach for a feeling that is improved.” Ester and Jerry Hick’s book, “Ask and It is Given,” p. 114
3. Beliefs – The thoughts and feelings we have accepted as Truth – which may or may not be True about ourselves, about God, and about creation
4. Values – the things we believe are important. To understand what you value, just look at your behaviors and ask, are they in alignment with your highest good and the highest good of others?
5. Attitudes – Our outlook on life, based on our beliefs and values.
6. Words – Charles Fillmore in “Talks on Truth,” p. 177, wrote: “The personal consciousness is like a house with all the doors and windows barred. The doors and the windows of the mind are concrete ideas, and they swing open when the right word is spoken to them. Jesus Christ voiced a whole volume of right words. If you will take up His sayings and make them yours, they will open all the doors of your mind, the light will come in, and you will, in due time, be able to step forth.”
7. Actions – Creation cannot fully unfold without action, and there is a kind of magic in the commitment of an Inspired Action. Inspired Action is action aligned with Spirit – with a higher Truth.
8. Reactions – How do we react when live throws a curve ball?
“Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This is terrible. How awful!”
Conversely, what is our reaction when abundant good just drops in our lap?
“I can’t believe it! It’s a miracle!!”
Neither of those reactions fully support your highest good. Rather, as you move through life, do so with calm confidence in God’s great Good no matter what is going on.
Affirmation of God’s Great Good
Good, and more Good is mine… An ever-increasing Good is mine… There is no limit to the Good which is mine… Everywhere I go, I see this Good… I feel It… I experience It… It crowds Itself against me… flows through me… expresses Itself in me . . . and multiplies Itself around me… For this I am grateful… And so it is!
Music for Today’s Service provided by:
Karen Drucker: Face of God
Karen Drucker: Only Love
Sue Riley: I am the thinker
Kim-Char Merediith and Chelley Seibert: I Control the Whether
At the end of the Services, on both Wednesdays and Sundays, the Zoom audio and video will be opened up to all who would like to connect with one another. As we do, it can feel a lot like when we interact in the Lobby after a Service. Know that, for those who choose, you can merely observe and not be seen or heard. We hope you will join us online this Sunday at 10:00 a.m. (Zoom will be used after the main service on Sundays, for a time to connect and have a virtual “Coffee Hour.”)
In Spiritual Unity, Revs Ron, Eileen, and Lenore, Ministers, Spiritual Life Center
Every 2nd and 4th Wednesday: Guided Meditation | Virtual Prayer Service
Every 1st and 3rd Wednesday, join Spiritual Life Center for a Spiritual Variety Program.
Virtual Prayer Circle
In addition to the Sunday Service online, a 7:00 p.m. Wednesdays we will rotate between a Guided Meditation | Virtual Prayer Circle and a Spritual Variety Program of events.
Join us any Wednesday evening for a program of a variety of events, or guided meditation and other events.
Wednesday evenings are a wonderful opportunity to connect with one another while enjoying a variety of events.
Please join us weekly at 7:00 p.m. Instructions on how to access this virtual meeting will be communicated by email to the subscribers of the church email distribution list each Monday morning.
Know that we are holding each of you in the Highest during this challenging time. If any of you needs prayer support or other assistance during this time, do contact any of us.
You can receive a recording of the Sunday Service. It will go to any person who sends an email requesting to be added to the weekly subscription. (You can also watch archived services via our YouTube .)
Podcast: Check back here in a week for a podcast of the service.
(The recorded video will become available Sunday evening or Monday morning as YouTube takes a while to finalize the recording).